Tuesday 9 October 2012

Actions Speak Louder than Words

Recently I sat down in front of my television to watch the Presidential Debate between President Obama and humble opponent Mitt Romney. As it proceeded I realized that our President was a bit tired or unenthusiastic in the 'talk off' compared to his opponent Mitt Romney who seem to be full of life and ready as a child would be when boarding a roller coaster or given a new toy or sweet. Then it soon dawned on me that this was more of a Rat Race than of anything substantial .It seems to be more of who can talk better than the other or take criticism better than the other, when in truth they should of been looking at each others actions in the past and what they have done for the benefit of their country and their people.
I remember when actions spoke louder than words and not the other way around , this seem to me to be a mockery of the President of the day and whoever is running against him. If it were up to me I would take the same time, money and resources invested in this mockery of a debate to inspect how steadfastly the President has stuck to his mandate or manifesto and not waste time yapping at each other on what they would do if elected or re-elected but give real proof of what they have done in their term and see whether they have walked the walk instead of talk the talk.The First Presidential Debate 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment